Monday, July 7, 2014

FIT hits NYC


So on my summer list I had put, "Have dinner in NYC with my friends from FIT" and I can officially check that bad boy off my list :)

 


 We went to SUCH a cool restaurant called Elmo, between 19th and 20th on 7th ave. We split the truffle fries as an appetizer which I could have totally eaten all by myself they were so amazing. And the dessert? Salted caramel rice krispie treat with ice cream. I know, my mouth is watering. They even had a disco ball that turned on once is got later. My friends and I were by far the youngest people there but it was nice to feel like a hip-happening New Yorker, even for just one night.

All together it was such a great night, but not just because I love New York and great food. I met these girls at an FIT pre-college styling class. I expected to go into this course, make some acquaintances to help me get through the days, but mainly focus on the class and the things about the fashion industry I was learning. This really turned out not to be the case, as now I realize that the only real everlasting thing from the course were these friendships. (From left to right) Kaitlyn, Jessie, Nicole, me, and Cara. And we were actually missing one of our buds, Kayla, who couldn't make it that night. I got so lucky in meeting them and I am so surprised at how close we got during 5 short weeks. I feel closer to them than I do some of my own friends, probably because we met at a place where we all shared such a common interest and now, goals. Anyway, I love these girls and I know that we'll all bump into each other as we grow up and all get into the fashion industry.

It just goes to show that the best things in life are not planned

xo, Molly










2 comments:

  1. Stalking your blog & just saw this!! Love this post & you!! Miss you, lets have a princeton day with kayla and cara soon! XO, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS!! we so do, that will absolutely be happening before school :) After I finish lifeguard training we'll start plan it! miss youu

      Delete