Monday, July 21, 2014

Virginia and Georgetown trip

Morning bloggers! So this past weekend was one of the most fun I've had all summer. My family and I headed down to Virginia for a UVA tour and to visit friends!

 UVA tour
 
Obviously UVA has a beautiful campus, but honestly the more I heard about UVA, the LESS I wanted to go there..
 Two thirds of the student population is from Virginia, which makes it that much harder for out -of -staters to get in.
Also, I had lunch in one of the dining halls and all the students seemed super homogenous. It just really didn't seem like that much diversity there and I don't want to a college where people are segregated and everyone groups off. That just struck me as a little bit too high school. 
The school definitely had some cool aspects, like a late night car service and free admission to all games (aswell as an on-campus Chipotle.. umm amazing).
But altogether, it was definitely not the school for me.


Georgetown


Living in one of the most widely known and adored towns in America, I've always thought, "Well, it can't get much better than this."

Georgetown has proved me wrong. 

I literally have not been able to stop thinking about Georgetown ever since I left. It honestly made me wanna go to Georgetown University so bad (if only I could get in). It's the most amazing town I've ever been in. Here were some of the highlights of my trip:

The J.crew in Georgetown


It's no secret I'm a J.crew addict. So if there's any stop I'm going to make in Georgetown, it's to J.crew. Sadly, I didn't get anything. BUT, just a couple days ago, I did happen to order this sweatshirt. So while shopping with my mom and our family friends, Abby and her mom Irene, we spotted this exact sweatshirt, the last one, and in Abby's size. Of course she had to try it on. She ended up needing a different size, but she loved it so much, they ended up ordering it to their house! 
Long story short, we will be #twinning in J.crew this winter!


Eyelet sweatshirt
Cute, right?


Sequoia

We went to a restaurant called Sequoia for dinner and it really was divine! We sat outside and the view of the river was so breathtaking. I had Charcuterie which was delish and it was such a great time!
We were gonna go to D.C. cupcakes.. if the line wasn't half a mile long, we would have.

All together though, I have to say Georgetown was definitely the highlight of my summer so far! 

Have you ever been to Georgetown? Did you love it as much as I did?


xo, Molly








No comments:

Post a Comment